Subject: Re: DXF exporting from modeler
From: [email-masked] (Joe Dunfee)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 1995 16:12:41 -0400

>To: [email-masked] (Jun Toyoda)
>From: [email-masked] (Joe Dunfee)
>Subject: Re: DXF exporting from modeler

>>But exporting doesn't work at all.
>
>I have success to export when there polygons apply to triple.
>
>Jun " marble giANT " Toyoda

   I tripled my object as you suggested and I could export a 
DXF file with 3-d faces just fine. I also tried some of the 
other options in the DXF out window. When I chose to export 
polylines, rather than the 3-d faces, I was able to export my 
origional un-tripled object. When I viewed the resulting DXF 
file in AutoCAD, they were 3-D FACES, not polylines! However, 
none of the flat disks (such as the top or bottom of a 
cylinder) were exported.
   I also just got off the phone with technical support. The 
tec guy there said his DXF out command worked just fine. 
Although, he is working with a later version than my Rev.4, 
he said it should not make a difference. He suggested that 
I call Syndegesis (sp?) the company that made the DXF plug-in, 
for more help. 
Joe Dunfee,
Miami, Florida USA

--
[email-masked] (Joe Dunfee) sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]